Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hari Raya

So.

Today marks the end of Ramadan, and the start of Syawal. Happy Aidil Fitri to everyone. I am unfortunately stuck here in Perth, and will not be celebrating. *Sigh*. This would be a first for me, spending Hari Raya without family, and I am trying not to be too upset.

It is currently 10.14 AM, and if I were home, my family and I would be at my grandparents' house by now. Eating, catching up with aunties, uncles and cousins. My favourite food to eat during this time would be my mum's kurma and/or curry with yellow rice sprinkled with raisins. Hmm. I don't think 'sprinkle' is the right word to describe it, but anyway.

In about half an hour from now, we would've gone back home to get ready to open our house to visitors. Our open house is in the afternoon, but somehow, almost every year, one family would come over early, and my siblings and I would scramble to set the table and everything. Good times :) Come afternoon, our house will be attacked by a barrage of visitors made of our friends, and colleagues of my parents.

The first day is always the busiest for us, but I don't mind it much. It's nice to catch up with everyone and check out what they're wearing. My old friends usually come on the second and/or third day, and I love it when they come in a big group. I will miss this while I am here, *sigh*.

Oh, well. Today is a day about forgiveness, so I would like to take the opportunity to apologise if I ever did anything to hurt or offend anyone. It was unintentional, I promise :) Lastly, I would just like to say,

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone :) Selamat hari raya min.

TheStepster said...

i'll visit u and the rest there kay?
cheer up =) selamat hari raya roundypants!
i love you.

me_yasmin said...

Mintot - Good to know tht, Min. Selamat hari raya to you too :)

Steffi - you better do. Love you too, pumpkin :D