Friday, June 16, 2006

My fingers are hurtin', but it's a good kind of pain...

Haha...masochistic much?

Anyway, I'm referring to my progress on the guitar. Yes, you heard right. I'm learning to play the bloody instrument. Since my fingers still hurt from playing it, you can tell I've still a long way to go. But it's all right. I signed up for a free 6-part lesson on Jamorama, and it's pretty helpful. Plus, I've got a younger brother who can already play it well, and he's been teaching me stuff like, finger exercises and such.

Now, my brother is usually the least helpful person I know. For example, if something's wrong with the computer, and he's the only one who can fix it...well, my sister and I can ask him until we're blue in the face to fix it, but only until our dad intervenes and say "Ben, go help them" will he get off his butt and do it. Because of this, I was surprised when he was willing to teach me a bit. But I guess he saw that I was serious about learning, so he doesn't mind helping out a bit.

Last night, after giving me a few pointers on playing, we started jamming to Fall Out Boy songs. Well, ok...he jammed, I just sang. 'Twas fun, no? I spoilt it with my horrible voice, though. Then today we did Red Hot Chili Peppers. Ben likes The Zephyr Song. We don't actually know the words to their songs, so we kind of just mumbled and hummed through it. Haha. We were cute...

Wait, what?

Anyway, I have this nasty habit of starting something and end up not finishing it. I hope this guitar thing will not get lumped into those things I've given up...like rollerblading. And sewing. Yeah.

Moving on, I am totally excited to be going for the KL trip. I'm not too happy about the fact that we have to dress formally when visiting all those places, though. Can you imagine, walking around in those buildings, in heels? That's called torture, no? But I suppose I can just buy comfy shoes from Hush Puppies, and the world will be restored to its normal state...

erm...

Yeah, I really gotta stop drinking fizzy stuff...

...But the bottles are so pretty

/end of message/

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

freakin retard.

me_yasmin said...

hiak hiak XD

Anonymous said...

say what? formal? heels? buildings?kl trip? u serious?!

Kim said...

why have to wear heels? :S

sorry for falling asleep last night. LOL!!!!!

flats are in these days. you can wear those instead. XD

me_yasmin said...

kelapak-head - yes, dress code for the visits are formal. but i thought about it, and decided that it gives all of us the chance to look all posh and stuff. and that's good, right? ;)

emily-san - it's otay, i don't mind you falling asleep in my room :) fun times, eh? ;) flats are in, huh? buy me two pairs, can or not?? and i want sneakers too...and boots. boots are sexay >:)

Anonymous said...

silly mimin..ehe. nice entry :)

oh u have imogen heap's link! I love her! My fav song is Come Here Boy. See u in KL 2nite :P

xo Sarah.