When I first heard about the carnival, the news pretty much just went in one ear and went out the other. Then I heard who was going to perform , and suddenly I was desperate to go. I mean, come on...Ernest and Felix with their awesome, awesome band? Ezzy, the amazing singer? Jessie was going to rock out, and Teem was gonna dance!
Jess was especially insistent on my attending the event, since it'll be her first performance in Curtin. More than that, she was going to sing Broken Wings by Flyleaf, a song she said she was to going to dedicate to me because of the lyrics (she later dedicated the song to her 'media mates' on the day itself).
I told my sister Nana about it and she was keen to go. After all, she's not studying yet, so she's free to attend such an event. Then we asked our brother Ben, and he was like, "pffft...". Yeah, he's not exactly interested attending social events. He's a bit on the shy side. Also, no matter how much I've raved about them, he doesn't believe that Curtin has any musically talented students. Hmmph. He doesn't know that the amount of talented students in our campus is enough to open up a some sort of music course! (Ok, high probability of exaggeration here).
Anyway. Fast forward to the big day itself. Ben decided to go after all. Then we picked up Stef. Then we went all the way to the airport...area (for lack of a better word) to pick up Nana's friend. Her 'mummy'. Then off we go to campus! We were like, half an hour late for the event. The first band (Nezz and Felix) were about halfway through their first song, "Follow Me" by Rocket Boys. The band also played "Twist and Shout", "That Thing You Do" and more. They did GOOD.
Next up was my bestie, Jess, and her band! Their performance was delayed for awhile because there was something wrong with the the bass amp, I think. Then when that was fixed, they launched into some kind of intro that left everyone a bit confused, because it ended so abruptly. Then they started performing the actual songs and won the crowd over. Man, I was really proud of Jess. She totally pulled of the screaming! Everyone was impressed! I gave her a big hug after she finished. She was glad it was all done and over with, I can tell.
Up next was some girl, a representative of the Otaku Club. She did alright, actually...except she was wearing a kimono , which didn't suit the song she was singing. I thought she was being a good sport, actually. Kimi was mean to her...*wags finger at Kimi*
Later, Nana, Ben, Fariq (Nana's 'mummy'), Aaron, Stef and I wanted to go for the 'Haunted House' that some students set up at G2. But, unfortunately, they forgot the adaptor. Yes, you read right. Hantu tak berbateri. So disappointing. The guy had to go home and get it. We changed our minds on going and decided to wander around aimlessly around the campus grounds.
You know, it's at times like these you realise how much we take food for granted. If it hadn't been the fasting month, we would all have been at the canteen, having a drink and just relaxing... This is when you realise that sometimes we eat to pass the time...
Anyway, Nana had to send her friend back at 5.30, Stef also wanted to go home to do her assignments, and since my other friends are off somewhere else, I decided to go home first and go back to the campus at night.
Howeveerrrr....something happened, and it spoiled my plans. When we got home, we saw our dad sitting in the living room, sweating and not looking too good. The poor man has stomach pains. He had to break his fast early. It didn't feel right, going out when my dad is sick... so I didn't. I missed the performances that night. But I gots videoclips of them, thanks to Nysa :)
The carnival this year rocked. It's just too bad I wasn't there for the second half of the performances. I hope there's another one next year. I hope it'll be better. I hope I'll actually still be in Miri for it :)
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
o.m.g.
an. update.
and. a. rather. basi. one. *runs*
ui ui ui klak2 send me the vids too eh =p
oh, i know...but thing is, aku dah lamak start this entry. so sayang if i were to abandon it...
p.s. the videos are mine! ALL MINE!!! I ain't sharin'!!!!
i wasn't mean. *pout*
Yay update! Sunset Carnival!
I have an even more basi update of a far older event coming, don't worry. (Yasmin, you know what it is.)
Post a Comment